BIM tools enable clash detection at the pre-construction stage. The benefit of BIM collaboration reduces rework definitely saving resources.
The construction project cycle involves the collaboration of multiple disciplines arising a scope for conflict. As the involvement of different stakeholders like architects, structural engineers, MEP consultants, general contractors, subcontractors cannot be denied. Therefore, cost and time parameters are affected by a lack of coordination which causes clashes.
2D drawings failed to resolve clashes. But, experienced design-build firms in 2021 are adopting parametric 3D BIM models in Revit for real-time collaboration and visualization. As a matter of fact, is 3D model visualization detects clashes in the design stage. And it’s been tried and tested that worldwide construction and architectural companies are adopting BIM for its benefit.
How BIM model manages clash detection during construction?
Clash of space allocation with a plumbing pipe and electrical conduits, manhole clashing with structure, civil designing clashing with MEP plan. Fixing any type of clashes with 2D drawings becomes expensive.
- Calls for more time investment.
- Rework of design drawings for clash resolution.
- At this moment partially building components have been created and rework would call for an additional cost.
Autodesk BIM modeling software covered the flaws of traditional construction drawings. Revit BIM models are able to identify and eliminate clashes during the design phase.
Naviswork is another clash detection tool supporting Revit modeling. Reduction of material waste and construction work are benefits of Naviswork integration with the Revit BIM model.
For Clashfree BIM Models Consult
How Naviswork Support Revit BIM model?
A construction project involves multiple disciplines from structural engineering, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing. The real problem arises when MEP team and engineers work on their individual software and not able to integrate at a later stage. Lack of construction software capability for integration leads to conflicts. As the core benefit of Building Information Modelling for design-build firms is collaboration. So do Revit models support.
Capabilities of Naviswork in Parametric Revit Model
- Naviswork cross-functional collaboration capabilities make an integration a swift environment.
- Built-in review and markup capabilities allow 360 design visualization resulting faster construction process.
- Autodesk Naviswork tools like Object animation have the ability to detect clashes amongst moving objects.
- The ability of Autodesk navies work to convert large Revit 3D model files into smaller size
- Clash detection between 3D geometry and laser-scanned point clouds.
Federated models are created adopting BIM Level 2. Then, master models are apprised with coordinated data. Here, with the integration of the navies work clash detection scan is run on the Revit BIM model. All duplicate instances are stated in the scan report. This further generates allows clash resolution in the preconstruction stage.
Got Clash Detection Issues Resolve with Accuracy
- Ensure all stakeholders add all design data and specifications in the Revit BIM model for clash scan report generation.
- Validating consistent data is a necessity. So, it has to be cross-checked that all changes reflect in real-time
- Clash detection and resolution at early design stages is a must.
- Highly skilled BIM modelers, BIM coordinators should be appointed with insight knowledge of the latest BIM tools and software.
Construction industry stakeholders are embracing coordinated BIM models to improve their ROI’s. The prime core of a coordinated 3D model is the real-time environment. So why to lag behind. Improve the profits and save the rework and time. The cross-functional capabilities for stakeholders have made MEP modeling, structural modeling for large-scale commercial and residential projects a swift environment to coordinate. Different teams opt for different BIM tools as per the requirement along with the level of detail.